Monday, April 23, 2012

Today's Training: Strength Training

Today's session started the 2nd week of the 2nd phase of Wendler's 5-3-1 program. The core lift today was the Rear Foot Elevated Split Squat with a barbell (RFESS). Warmup: Tabletop hamstring, tabletop hip rotators, Figure 4, ankle mobs, scap retractions, 1/2 kneeling hip flexor, 1/2 kneeling adductor, Indian clubs Workout: BB RFESS: 1 x 3 @ 45, 75, 95, 110; 1 x 5 @ 125; KB swings 4 x 15 @ 32 kg. supersetted w/rope chins 3 x 10; Rope carries w/KBs 2 x 50 yds. @ 32 kg. Comments: I am finding that with so many years of training I can still maintain/get stronger without major core lifts without the frequency I once did. I suppose that allows me to train harder for those given sessions without the strain on my CNS, joints and connective tissues. At least that's my theory! :) I am still using significant weight for an "old" guy who uses strength training as a means to an end. Train hard and train smart! http://fitnesstogether.com/media for our website and all of our links

No comments:

Post a Comment