Thursday, April 26, 2012

Today's Training: Running? OMG!?!

Today I headed down to Richmond, Va. for the Central Va. Sports Performance Clinic. When I got there I had been in the car for over 4 hrs. and needed to move. I didn't feel like finding a gym so I knew that there was this neat place to run near the hotel. Yes, I went for a run!?! I know that sounds blasphemous to those who follow my posts and newsletter but guess what, folks?? I little "long" run every now and then isn't going to kill your speed, explosiveness, etc. Training effects aren't that quick or instantaneous regardless of what those late night informercials might tell you! :) This was a good opportunity for such a run because it was no hassle, I knew the neighborhood and it was relatively scenic if a lake inside an office park can be considered scenic!!? Have to take what you can get you know what I mean?? Make do with what's available. Now remember "long" run is always relative to the person involved and in this case it was 25 minutes "long." But as circumstances would have it I came upon a nice grass incline early into my run and decided I would do some hill sprints. Again, take advantage of what's available... so I did 8 hill sprints and then finished the loop around this lake. All in all it was fun and I think once a week of this type of training will do me some good and won't compromise my heavily power and strength training oriented training regimen. Afterall, I train for life, not just sports, and I don't get paid to play sports! Train hard and train smart! http://fitnesstogether.com/media for our website and all of our links.

No comments:

Post a Comment