Thursday, April 12, 2012

Today's Training Session: Running in Paradise!

As I write this I am in Turks and Caicos for my daughter's wedding on Saturday. Rough life but someone has to do it! :)
I don't usually do a lot of long distance running but today was a day that called for a run on the beach.
Afterall, I am in one of the world's tropical island paradises, with soft, white sand beaches, so why not?
So I put on my New Balance Minimus and out the door and on to the beach I went for a run.
As most know running on sand is work, hard work, so my pace was leisurely to say the least. I just ran out for 15 minutes and turned around and ran back. I had my Polar heart rate monitor on and kept my pace below 70% THRM. Just a little run to enjoy the outdoors, the sunshine and get some Vitamin D.
But what's not to like about running on a tropical beach in the late afternoon with the pleasant sea breezes and brilliant sunshine?!?
It was so enjoyable I may do it again a few times in the next few days. It won't kill me and I'm not so dogmatic in my training beliefs that I won't do something out of the ordinary because it's enjoyable or the local environment encourages it.
As they say, fitness is movement and movement is fitness.


Train hard and train smart!
http://fitnesstogether.com/media

No comments:

Post a Comment