Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Today's Training Session: Sprints, Med ball work--POWER!

Today was another gorgeous day in our area so went down to do some sprint work/med ball/power work on the turf at the local college.

Warmup: Leg Swings, Indian clubs, arm circles, toe walks/heel walks, march series, high knees, butt kickers, skip series

Workout: 8 x 60 meter sprints on the turf (walk back for recovery); Med ball scoop toss 2 x 6 @ 3 kg; Plyo step-ups 2 x 10; Overhead med ball toss 2 x 6 @ 3 kg.

Comments: Today's session made me think about quality over quantity. I felt good enough to do more of virtually everything but I thought it was wiser to quit while ahead and having still done the work I wanted to get done. Can't say I always have followed that philosophy, though! :)

Train hard and train smart!
http://fitnesstogether.com/media for our website and all of our links

No comments:

Post a Comment