Sunday, November 20, 2011

Today's Training Session: Sprints

Today was a sprint day with one more week of "prep" work before getting into more specific sprint work for my first indoor meet in 3 weeks.

Warmup: Leg swings, toe walks/heel walks, arm circles, march series, ankle mobs, forearm wall slides, skip series

Workout: 10 x 50 meters w/ 1 min. recovery. On the turf.

Comments: Takes me about 3 or 4 reps before my ankle feels fully ready to go or warmed up. But I love the feeling of sprinting on a nice day on a surface like turf which isn't too hard on my joints.
The Masters track meets are really more of a barometer of where my training is as my first two athletic passions are squash and baseball. And with my ankle being the way it is right now I'm not sure I will be getting back to long jumping any time soon . :( It is one thing to sprint and quite another to jump and land on a balky ankle.

Train hard and train smart!
http://fitnesstogether.com/media for our website and all of our links

No comments:

Post a Comment