Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sample Warmup: Practice What I Preach

I think it is way too easy, and I have been guilty of this as well, to forget how important a dynamic warmup is before you play but esp. so with the explosive, short burst field/court sports.
You are asking for trouble in terms of injury potential as well as performing at your best if you don't warmup before you play in my opinion.
Here is a quick, simple warmup I did before playing squash today:
Ankle mobs x 12 ea., Wall slides x 12, Leg swings x 15 ea., 1/2 kneeling hip flexor x 10 ea., 1/2 kneeling adductor x 10 ea., toe walks/heel walks, Indian clubs, jumping jacks x 25.
Simple to do nothing complex but got me ready to play before I stepped on court to hit balls.
Find your own warmup routine that works for you before your next game or match. See if it doesn't help you perform better.

Train hard and train smart!
http://fitnesstogether.com/media for our website and all of our links

No comments:

Post a Comment