Thursday, October 6, 2011

Today's Training Session: Total Body

I am starting to post at least some of my training sessions on this blog as it will show some samples of what type of training I believe is applicable and useful for Masters athletes. If I were training someone I would prescribe and design something similar.

Warmup: foam rolling, tabletop hamstring, tabletop hip rotators, wall slides, ankle mobs, 1/2 kneeling adductor, 1/2 kneeling hip flexor, Indian clubs

Workout: Mini-circuit: Chins/pullups- 5 x 12, TRX suspended lunges 5 x 10 @ 16 kg., pushups 5 x 25, KB swings 5 x 15 @ 32 kg., Rip Trainer overhead chops 4 x 10
Then: KB Farmers walk 3 x 70 yds. @ 32 kg.

Comments: This session had an upper body push, upper body pull, hip dominant lower body, quad dominant lower body, and two trunk/core exercises. That seems to cover just about everything.

Train hard and train smart!
http://fitnesstogether.com/media for our website and all of our links

No comments:

Post a Comment