Monday, March 26, 2012

Today's Training Session: Tables Turned!

Today was an interesting day training wise as I was trained by my daughter, Kerry, who is in grad school at UVA studying kinesiology. As part of her coursework she has to do a certain amount of interning each semester.
This semester she is doing her practicum at a local health club in Charlottesville as a training staff person.

Warmup: Foam rolling, foam roller t-spine series, hip flexor, 1/2 kneeling adductor, 1/2 kneeling t-spine rotation

Workout:BB RFESS 3 x 5 @ 45, 75, 95; 1 x 7 @ 105; Fat grip chins 2 x 15

Kerry's workout: TRX series-pushup x 10, inverted rows x 10, squat x 10, leg curl x 10, fallouts x 10; 2 count hops x 30 sec.; 3 circuits w/ 1 min. rest between circuits
2nd circuit: KB swings x 10 @ 55; KB 1 arm rows x 10 @ 55; Goblet squat x 10 @ 55; Walking pushups x 10; Hip Thrust x 10; 3 circuits w/1 min. rest between circuits
Finisher: TRX swimmer planks x 30 sec. & Rope slams x 30 sec. and burpees x 30 sec. 3 rounds, 1 min. rest between circuits.

Comments: It was a very good metabolic strength training session. Afterwards, my daughter and I sat down and chatted about how and why she did what she did and what the purpose of the session was....metabolic strength training.
I only wish I had worn my heart rate monitor to see what my HR was but I know it was being challenged!
It looks like my daughter has been paying attention and learning along. Good to know!

Train hard and train smart!
http://fitnesstogether.com/media for our website and all of our links.

No comments:

Post a Comment