Thursday, January 19, 2012

Today's Training Session: Power Training

So by now it should be apparent that I do total body strength training 3 times per week and speed/power/agility type training twice per week. This is a good, basic training template for many people who aspire to develop overall athleticism in my opinion.

Warmup: Ankle mobs, forearm wall slides, Indian clubs, sidelying t-spine rotation, low box hip flexor, 1/2 kneeling adductor

Workout: Box jumps 4 x 5; Med ball ricochets 2 x 15 @ 4 lbs; Med ball scoop tosses 2 x 5 2 16 lbs.;
More dynamic warmup: toe walks/heel walks, march series, skip series, backpedals
Flying 30's w/20 yd. run-ins: 10 x w/walk back for recovery

Comments: I love this type of training but have to protect myself from myself as you always have to be mindful of MED-minimum effective dosage, when it comes to training.

Train hard and train smart!
http://fitnesstogether.com/media for our website and all of our links.

No comments:

Post a Comment