Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Yesterday's Training: Strength work and Testing

   Yesterday I did some strength testing as part of my session as I am considering doing a Push-Pull powerlifting meet in early November. Push-Pull events just use the bench (push) and deadlift (pull) as their lifts which will suit me better as I'm not comfortable with the risk/benefit of heavy squatting. Just my own thoughts on the matter.

Warmup: Tabletop hamstring & hip rotators, ankle mobs, scap pushups, foam roller shoulder mob circuit, low box hip flexor, open hip t-spine, 1/2 kneeling adductor

Workout: Bench press (testing): got up to 1 RM @ 235; Superset: Trap Bar RDL-4 x 5 @ 195 & Face pulls-4 x 12 @ 57.5; KB Farmers carries-3 x 70 yds. @ 32 kg. each; Superset: Dog Bone Chins-3 x 7 & Rollouts-3 x 10

Comments: We will see whether my right shoulder can tolerate heavy benching and accessory work for next 3 months. If not then it may end up being a deadlift only meet!

Train hard and train smart!
http://fitnesstogether.com/media for our website and all of our links. 

No comments:

Post a Comment