Saturday, August 11, 2012

Training Today: Mixed Bag

  Today was kind of a mixed bag of training protocols with a little of this and a little of that.

Warmup: my early AM mobility work plus some dynamic warmup drills like leg swings, jumping jacks and marches

Squash: 10 games of singles squash with my squash gang. I use squash as a metabolic training session because you are getting a great conditioning effect while chasing a ball and having fun. I know it's conditioning work as I have frequently worn a heart rate monitor while playing and  consistently get my heart rate in excess of 80% of maximum and it seldom goes below65-70%. Beats jogging by a mile (pun intended!).

Extra Work: Kettlebell Farmers Carries-3 x 70 yds. @ 32 kg. each.
                       Sled pushes-8 x 10 yds. @ 200 lbs. with 30 seconds rest. A functional leg press along with a little conditioning work.

Comments: All in all, a good session, lots of fun and got the job done.

Train hard and train smart!
http://fitnesstogether.com/media for our website and all of our links.

No comments:

Post a Comment