Sunday, August 12, 2012

Today's Training: Trail Run

  This ended up being an impromptu training session as I was expecting to play baseball today but we got rained out.
   So instead I did a trail run over the local college cross country course.
     It was a beautiful, sunny, relatively mild day as last night's storms seemed to have decreased the humidity, at least somewhat.
    I wore my heart rate monitor as I wanted to make this a relatively easy run by keeping my heart rate below 70% of heart rate max. So whenever it got close to that number I simply backed off the pace somewhat.
   Because the run was in the woods, it provided a little opportunity for some improvisational footwork and agility work by jumping over logs, dodging roots and stones and sidestepping other obstacles.
   It was a fun, different challenge and added some variety to my training week. I will probably try to incorporate a few more of these in my training regimen going forward but never to the extent it compromises my speed, strength and power training.

Train hard and train smart!
http://fitnesstogether.com/media for our website and all of our links

No comments:

Post a Comment