Friday, August 17, 2012

Today's Training: Cycling/Recovery Day

  For me cycling is a recovery day on two fronts: it is non-impact and it is not as neurologically as demanding as sprint work or heavy strength work, for example.
   On an early morning outing, like today, it is also quite refreshing as you get out and about before the morning rush/crush and also beat the heat.
   I use my fixed gear bike almost exclusively now for my cycling as it is both a skill challenge as well as the fact you are constantly working as there is no rest or respite from having to constantly pedal.
   Today I went out for 40 minutes, kept the tempo pretty high and though the course was relatively flat it was still not a walk in the park. So I broke a sweat without pounding the crap out of myself.
   I highly recommend cycling as a recovery mode esp. for those who do a lot of heavy lifting, plyos and sprint work.

Train hard and train smart!
http://fitnesstogether.com/media for our website and all of links

No comments:

Post a Comment