Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Today's Training: Sprinting & Med ball Work-POWER!

   As you've probably ascertained by now I like to train power. Your first clue might be that I do it 3-4 times weekly in various ways and with various modes of training. Today was another one of those days.

Warmup: Ankle mobs, lateral squats, leg swings, arm circles, toe walks/heel walks, Groiners, Pidgeon stretch, Yoga pushups, March series, Skip series, backpedals

Workout: Tornado ball circuit-horizontal wall slams, diagonal wall slams, Figure 8's- 2 X w/ 8 lb. ball.

Acceleration ladder: 10-20-30-40-50 meter buildup sprints, walk back for recovery, 2 x w/2 min. rest between sets, then finish w/2 x 50 meters. Total: 400 meters of sprinting.

Comments: No matter how thorough and intense the warmup is it still takes me until about the 4th or 5th sprint to feel good. Just the way it is as you get older I suppose. Once I'm "lubed" up, though, I'm good to go. 
   I did focus on good drive phase and good arm action today as I sometimes get too "elbow dominant" instead of having the arm drive come from the shoulders. 

Train hard and train smart!
http://fitnesstogether.com/media for our website and all of our links

No comments:

Post a Comment