Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Today's Training: Total Body Strength

 It's been almost a week since my last post but I was away in Cooperstown, NY playing in a baseball tournament. Played two games on Doubleday field where I got to play alongside my 26 yr. old son in the outfield. That one of the reasons I train as hard and consistently as I do! :)

Warmup: Quad rocks, hip flexor stretch, lower body rolling, Figure 4 stretch, Indian clubs, ankle mobs, neck mobs, Crocodile breathing, Cross Crawls

Workout: KB swings-5 x 15 @ 32 kg. (on the minute); Tri-set: Landmine 1 leg RDL-4 x 6 @ 55; Cable chest press-4 x 12 @ 35; Face pulls-3 x 12 @ 60 lbs.
    2nd Tri-set: Zercher squat-3 x 6 @ 135; Smith machine inverted rows-3 x 15; Rollouts-3 x 10
       KB suitcase carries: 2 x 35 yds. @ 32 kg.

Comments: Good session...Zercher squats felt surprisingly good. Need to get access to a heavier KB to really optimize power demands in the swings.

Train hard and train smart!
http://fitnesstogether.com/media for our website and all of our links. 


No comments:

Post a Comment