Friday, May 25, 2012

Today's Training: Hill Sprints

Today's training was a little variation on what I normally do which would have been a strength training day. But I felt like running so I did hill intervals instead. Warmup: Leg swings, lateral squats, march series, skip series, arm circles Workout: "Garage" hill sprints- 3 x 3 w/ 4 minutes rest between sets. Comments: Though I believe training schedules are important I also believe there is nothing written in stone. If you have a certain training activity planned but you are not mentally ready to do that activity or are slightly injured then you have to be able and willing to improvise. Today was one of those days for me, admittedly, so I substituted hill sprints instead of lifting. I didn't slack off but did something I was mentally prepared to do and do it hard and well. So the point is listen to your body and your mind. Train hard and train smart! http://fitnesstogether.com/media for our website and our other links.

No comments:

Post a Comment