Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Today's Training: Power!

  After many years of training both myself and many others some of my training ideas have evolved to what I think is better practice. Call me a slow learner! :) Today's training is an example of that, I believe.

Warmup: Foam rolling, Quad rocks, Indian clubs, 1/2 kneeling adductor, open hip t-spine rotation, March series, Pidgeon stretch, ankle mobs, leg swings

Workout:


  • Band resisted long jumps: 3 x 5
  • Band resisted starts: backpedal, lateral shuffles
  • Med ball circuit: med ball ricochets, med ball chest pass, med ball side toss, soccer throw 2 x @ various weights
  • Sled push: 8 x 20 seconds @ 205 lbs. w/40 seconds rest for recovery
Comments: I've finally started organizing my power training around the "concept" of horizontal or vertical emphasis and this was a horizontal day as all the movements were of horizontal orientation i.e jumps, throws, etc. I try to do a vertical and a horizontal plane power day each week as I believe each are critical to good all around power development. 

Train hard and train smart!
http://fitnesstogether.com/media for our website and all of our links

No comments:

Post a Comment