Thursday, September 6, 2012

Today's Training: Sprints & Med Ball Work

    Today I went out relatively early and did a training session on a local college track/soccer field. I love doing my sprint work on the turf field as it is so much easier on my legs and joints than an all weather track which can be brutal. Modern synthetic tracks are only slightly less hard the paved surfaces IMO!

Warmup: Indian clubs, quad rocks, cross crawls, lateral squats, leg swings, toe/heel walks, march series, skip series

Workout: Med ball circuit-chest pass 2 x 12 @ 8 lbs; Med ball side toss-2 x 8 @ 8 lbs; Soccer throw-2 x 8 @ 8 lbs.
   Sprint acceleration ladder: 10-20-30-40-50 x 2 with walk back for recovery between sprints and 2 min. recovery between sets. Then 2 x 50 meters to finish.

Comments: This was one of those sessions where I struggled...sluggish, felt slow, wasn't moving well or efficiently. Not surprising considering the crappy night's sleep I got but nonetheless got through it though it wasn't pretty by any means.

Train hard and train smart!
http://fitnesstogether.com/media for our website and all of our links.

No comments:

Post a Comment