Friday, January 18, 2013

Today's Training: Total Body Strength

 Again, continuing with the trend from last week I am basically doing 1 basic, "core" lift per strength training session and supplementing with bodyweight work and kettlebells. My time is so pinched right now I have to fit in training sessions wherever I can and bodyweight training is easy to do virtually anywhere.

Warmup: Figure 4 stretch, pidgeon stretch, Quad rocks, cat and camels, 1/2 kneeling hip flexor, 1/2 kneeling adductor, open hip t-spine rotation, Indian clubs

Workout: 

  • Barbell RDLs: 4 x 6 @ 135, 175, 195, 215 supersetted with
  • Rip Trainer Iso-Holds: 3 x 25 sec. each
  • KB swings 4 x 12 @ 32 kg supersetted with
  • Rip Trainer "punches": 3 x 10 each
  • Rope chins: 4 x 12 supersetted with
  • Band resisted decline pushups: 3 x 10 @ 1"
Comments: Good training session. Losing 7 lbs. in last 2 weeks has certainly made bodyweight exercises easier! Check my other blog for updates on my Whole30 journey.

Train hard and train smart!
http://fitnesstogether.com/media for our website and all of our links. 

No comments:

Post a Comment