Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Today's Training: Bodyweight Strength Training

  As mentioned in Monday's post I am going to do basically bodyweight based strength training for at least the next couple of weeks as my schedule is crazy right now and it will  be like forced active recovery of sorts.

Warmup: Quad rocks, Figure 4 stretch, ankle mobs, neck mobs, Cat/camels, 1/2 kneeling adductor, Indian clubs, open hip t-spine rotation

Workout:

  • Barbell RDL: 1 x 5 @ 135, 185, 205, 215
  • Bodyweight squats 2 x 40, 25
  • Decline pushups 2 x 30, 20
  • Close grip chins  2 x 15
  • Hanging leg raises 2 x 10
  • Standing ab wheel rollout  2 x 7
   The 2nd thru 6th exercise were done in a circuit fashion with 90 sec. rest between circuits.

Comments: I'm going to concentrate on bodyweight training the next couple of weeks or month to build up my competency. I have certain standards in mind that I would like to maintain in this aspect of my training.
    I will be doing some barbell and kettlebell work as well but not as much as I usually do.

Train hard and train smart!
http://fitnesstogether.com/media for our website and all of our links

No comments:

Post a Comment