Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Today's Training: Sprint, sprint and sprint some more

  As it was miserable outside I was forced indoors which isn't altogether bad as the facility I  train at has an indoor track as well as a good cinder block wall for med ball work.

Warmup: Quad rocks, RKC hip flexor stretch, pidgeon stretch, ankle mobs, Indian clubs, Leg swings, Cross crawls

Workout:

  • KB Swings 3 x 6 @ 32 kg. (paired with)*
  • Box jumps 3 x 6
  • Med ball circuit: wall dribbles-2 x 15 sec. @ 4 lbs; Med ball chest pass (fast)-2 x 12 @ 18 lbs; Med ball alt. hip toss-2 x 12 @ 18 lbs.; Soccer throw-2 x 6 @ 18 lbs.
  • Acceleration sprint ladder: 10-20-30-40-50-60 x 2 (2 min. rest between sets); walk back to start between reps for recovery
  • Sled push: 8 x 20 meters @ 215 lbs. 
Comments: Though I would have preferred to be outside, which I usually do on Tuesdays, the weather forced me indoors. Turned out to be a good workout. 
  My sprinting is starting to get more consistently good.

Train hard and train smart!
http://fitnesstogether.com/media for our website and all of our links.

No comments:

Post a Comment