Monday, December 31, 2012

Today's Training: Testing/Deload Week

  This week is a deload week as I was on the Wendler 5-3-1 program for 3 cycles/months and improved across the board on my 3 "core" exercises: incline bench, sumo deadlift and power clean from the floor.
   Over the next 3 months I will be training for two main goals which I don't necessarily view as mutually exclusive.
   First, is a ski trip to Utah where I will be knocking something off my bucket list: helicopter skiing.
     A week to 10 days after that my baseball season will commence.
      Though those two things appear to be polar opposites not so much IMO.
        They both demand power, core and lower body strength, agility, and  dynamic balance. Skiing requires more of a conditioning base as ski runs can last up to several minutes in duration depending on where and with whom your skiing.
   But I will be starting with a testing process/evaluation process which will revolve around testing those aforementioned qualities as well as the FMS to establish baseline movement quality.
  Both the testing and FMS results will largely drive the program design process.
    Back next time with at least some of the testing results.

Train hard and train smart!
http://fitnesstogether.com/media

No comments:

Post a Comment