Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Today's Training: Mobility and Sprint work

  I have been on vacation in Nantucket, Ma. for the last 8 days and I have gotten into the good habit of starting my day off with 25-30 minutes of "mobility" work.
   This work includes some stretching, some Indian club drills, some Z-health mobility drills as well as some band traction work and more common mobility drills.
    Here is a sample:

  • Indian clubs: single club movement #1 and movement #2
  • Indian clubs: double clubs-arm circles, horizontal swings, double casts, alternating single casts, Figure 8's
  • Z-Health ankle mobs: inversion, eversion
  • Z-Health toe drills
  • Ankle circles
  • Knee circles
  • Neck drills: protraction/retraction, lateral flexion, neck rotations
  • Ankle mobs
  • Squat to stand
  • Hip pendulums
  • 1/2 kneeling adductor,
  • Sidelying t-spine rotation
  • 1/2 kneeling hip flexor
   That is just a sample of what I've been doing and it has been helping a great deal. I hope when I get back I can maintain just a fraction of this on a regular basis as I think it will help a great deal. I do some mobility work almost daily but seldom this amt. on a regular basis. 
   After this mobility work, I went down to the beach and did some sand hill sprints:
  • Sand hill sprints: 12 x 30 yds. with walk back for recovery. 
    Talk about going nowhere fast! But great workout nonetheless and easy on the joints. 

Well that' s it for today. Send me your comments and I will do my best to respond.

Train hard and train smart!
http://fitnesstogether.com/media for our website and all of our links

No comments:

Post a Comment