Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Where Have I Been?

 The title is a legitimate question so I will explain what I've been up to lately.
  We held a couple of workshops this fall including one with Steve Maxwell, my original kettlebell coach, from over 10 years ago. Steve is a great coach and literally travels the world, living out of a duffel bag, and gives workshops on training: kettlebells, bodyweight, clubbells, mobility, etc. His two workshops for us were on bodyweight training and clubbells. Very good, physical weekend of learning and training.
  As a result of these workshops and other things I really concentrated on bodyweight training esp. with rings and the only real barbell work I did was with deadlifts. The break seems to have given my joints a little rest and recovery . There's a lesson in there somewhere! :) I plan to get back to the 5-3-1 program of Wendler's for a few cycles starting in December.I am testing my "core" lifts this past couple of weeks.
  We are also trying to expand our small group training business and I've been working on marketing for that as well.
  That's it for now. Talk soon!

Train hard and train smart!
http://fitnesstogether.com/media for our website and all of our links.

No comments:

Post a Comment