Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Primal Move as a Warmup and a Body Maintenance Tool

  Today I did a kettlebell and bodyweight training session as I was pressed for time due to staffing shortages in my facility.
   But what I am trying to do everyday is some form of the Primal Move system usually as part of my warmup before strength training or sprinting, baseball or squash.
   I have been doing some form of the Primal Move as part of my early morning mobility routine. It turns out that what I had been doing, unbeknownst to me, was virtually the same as some of the Primal Move system. It was what I used to "lube" my hips, ankles and low back and came from various sources: physical therapy, the Bulletproof concepts and basic mobility drills I have been doing for some time.
   I do these 6-7 moves virtually every morning because I found it was a way to keep my low back healthy and out of trouble. Since I have been doing this routine I have been "lucky" enough to avoid any major back issues. The combination of mobility drills, motor control drills and stability drills have seemed to keep my low back issues at bay and, more importantly, have served to convince me of the value of daily movement maintenance. I may be  but I'm not stupid!
    It is no coincidence that the lack of back issues and the daily ritual of these exercises have been parallel events.
   I believe everyone has to find a way to maintain healthy, pain free, "clean" movement whether that is through Primal Move, MovNat, or whatever method works for you. If you don't move well, adding load to movement is a recipe for disaster. Even unloaded poor movement if done too much can bring about issues.
      In addition, these tools can serve as great recovery day or regeneration modes as well when you need to "deload" or as a planned recovery day.
    So find your own recipe for movement maintenance, do it consistently and move without pain.

Train hard and train smart!
http://fitnesstogether.com/media for our website and all of our links.

No comments:

Post a Comment